I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me ~Phillipians 4:13
In 1973 a group of Christians led by the Holy Spirit felt the need for a worshiping community. This spiritual movement turned into a small church that was known as Immitateurs de Jesus-Christ. Due to the theological background of the leaders, the organization was renamed "Eglise de Dieu de la Pentecôte".
Charles Rejouis, Senior Pastor
DECLARATION OF FAITH
- That the Bible the inspired book of God John 1: 1
- In an eternal God in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Matthew 28: 19
- That Jesus-Christ is the unique Son of the Virgin Mary. That He was crucified, put into the ground and raised from the dead. John. 3: 16; Matthew 1: 23; Matthew 28: 6
- That all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and that repentance is the sole gift human kind shall receive from God for the remission of his sins. Romans 3: 23;Acts 2: 38
- Tithing is the paying of one tenth of our increase into the treasury of the Church. It began with Abraham and continued under the law and received Christ’s approval. Giving differs from and is in addition to tithing. Both are part of God’s plan to fiancé His work on earth. Genesis 14: 18-20; Genesis 28: 20-22; Malachi 3: 10; Matthews 23:23; Luke 11: 42; 1 Corinthians 16: 6-9; Hebrews 7: 1-21.
- That the justification, the subsequent regeneration with the new birth are ordained by faith with the blood of Jesus-Christ. 2 Corinthians 5: 17; Romans 31:24; John 3: 3 and 4.
- That subsequent sanctification with the new birth is obtained by faith with the blood of Jesus-Christ. Acts 15:9; 1 Corinthians 6: 11
- That holiness is a standard of living that God envisions for His people Ephesians 5: 26 and 27
- In the baptism of the Holy Spirit. Matthew 3: 11; Mark 1: 8; Luke 3: 16
- In the water of baptism per immersion. That all those who repent must be baptized in the name of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Mark 16: 19
- That the divine cure was provided for all at the cross. Acts 3:6 and 7; Mark 10: 46
- In the Holy Communion and feet cleansing. 1 Corinthians 11: 20; Acts 20: 7; John 13: 4-17.
- In the second preliminary coming of Jesus-Christ initially to raise the dead in Christ and remove them as well as the living saints, and then to reign with Him during a thousand years. 1 Thessalonians 4: 13-18, Revelations, 20: 2
- In the bodily resurrection, in the eternal life for the righteous, and the eternal punishment for the malicious. 1 Corinthians 15; Matthew 8: 12; Matthew 7: 22 and 23.
- The Bible expressly forbids the use of intoxicating beverages. Even slight indulgences is not in keeping with the Scriptural standard of holiness. Proverbs 20: 1; Proverbs 23: 29-32; Isaiah 28:7; 1 Corinthians 10: 31 and 32; 2 Corinthians 7: 1; Ephesians 5: 3-8; James 1:21
- The use of Tobacco and the habitual use of narcotics are sinful practices which defile the body, the temple of the Holy Ghost, and is an outward evidence of an impure heart. Isaiah 55: 2; 1 Corinthians 10: 31 and 32; 2 Corinthians 7: 1; Ephesians 5: 3-8; James 1: 21
- Against wearing gold for ornament or decorations such as finger rings, bracelets, earrings, lockets, etc. Ornaments of precious stones and metals are evidences of a prideful heart and are unbecoming to a child of God. « Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel; but let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price. 1 Peter 3: 3 and 4. Read 1 Timothy 2: 9; 1 John 2: 16
- That all the women be veiled in meetings. 1 Corinthians 11: 1-16
- Divorce and remarriage constitute the sin of adultery. The only allowable causes for remarriage are fornication and death. However, fornication is not unfaithfulness or simple adultery, but a state of being married to another’s wife or husband. Matthew 5: 32; Matthew 14: 3 and 4; Matthew 19: 3-12; Mark 10: 12; Luke 16: 18; Romans 7: 2 and 3; 1 Corinthians 5: 1-7; 1 Corinthians 7: 2; Acts 15: 28 and 29; Revelations 2: 20-22
- That God’s perfect plan for marriage is in the union of a man and a woman for life. Genesis 1: 27 and 28
24 Cleveland Street | Orange, NJ 07051 | Phone: 973-672-3310